Friday, February 12, 2010

Chihuahua with Gas

Question:

I give my 3 year old chihuahua the papaya for gas. He can be pretty nasty at times bless his heart. My question is how much do I give him? I've been giving him only one a day.

- Carol

Answer:

Carol,

Chihuahuas are not usually a "gassy" breed! It is probably the food you are feeding him. Cheap dog food is full of by-products and other things that can be harmful to his health! I recommend that you increase the quality of his diet and that should solve the problem. The money you will save on supplements should more than offset any expense you might incur by feeding him a healthy diet!

Make sure that you transition him slowly to the new food to avoid diarrhea and even more gas!!

Good luck!
Sara F. Jennen DVM

No comments:

Post a Comment