Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Female Cat Obsessively Eating

Question

I have a 2 year old female siamese/tiger who lives with another female and a male cat. She is obsessed by eating and acts like a vulture over every other cat eating to make sure she gets anything left. I can no longer leave any food out- because she would eat it all, then throw up, and so forth. So I feed all my cats small portions over the times I'm home. She is starting to get chunky. I doubt she's hyper thyroid. She seems otherwise healthy. Any more suggestions?

Answer

Dear Pet Owner,
The problem is either behavioral or medical. She needs a workup by a veterinarian to rule out
some kind of medical problem such as parasites. If it is behavioral, you will probably have to
continue to manage her as you have been.

Thank you for your question,
Sara F. Jennen DVM

No comments:

Post a Comment