Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Husky Pup Too Skinny and Digging

Question

Dear Dr. Jennen,
I have a four month old 1/2 siberian husky 1/2 wolf female puppy and she is a problem child! I can't seem to fatten her up and I'm not sure if that's due to the breeds or what. She also is a digger which I know is a breed trait and I need help with training tips as she is very strong willed and stubborn! Please help me!

Thanks,

Shawna

Answer

Debra,


As far as her weight is concerned you need to make sure that your pup is parasite free and on a
 good large breed puppy food. There is no such thing as too thin, unless there is a medical problem
 behind the failure to gain weight. As far as the behavior problems, you should find a good obedience trainer in your area to help you
 work with her.




Good luck to you!

Sara F. Jennen DVM

No comments:

Post a Comment